Saturday, October 9, 2010

Imagine

What do we crib about? A pending assignment, a tough test, not having fun stuff to do...

Reading the last few posts and looking at my life generally I know, not think, but know, I am the wrong person to talk about cribbing. I am the queen of cribbing... Throughout my life all I have ever done was crib, and achieved and then cribbed some more. Its another thing to be wanting to achieve more and another to not celebrate what you have achieved. There have been people who have remained happy and achieved more or people who have remained happy and achieved less, but the point is that they were happy. I have somehow found out the deepest darkest thing that depresses me to no bound... I have never ever met a more negative person than me , a person who cribs more than me, who despite being a science student believes in stupid stuff such as a black cat crossing in front brings bad luck... Really? Knowledge is supposed to enlighten you... What has it done for me?

I just saw a video ( Happy Christmas, War is over by John Lennon), it showed what real problems are? For some people getting a roof over head and eating 2 meals a day is all that matters... Not the crap we ( specifically I) keep worrying about...

It was John Lennon's birthday yesterday.. I didn't know about him for a long time... But man was he super awesome... Somehow, I am very very influenced by his music... People talk about peace on face, while thinking of payback at the back of their minds... Wow this guy was super duper great... I wish I were born in the 70's during Beatlemania . I love the music, somehow it makes me forget at least for the 3 minutes that the song is on , about my numerous "issues".I am in such awe of people who have a passion for something and actively pursue it, just for themselves. Just to be happy.. to have one part in their life, which they can truly enjoy.. There is so much that I want to do, to say I don't have time would be wrong... Everyone us hard pressed for time, still they find the extra hour and half to do which brings a smile to their face. I would someday like to be that person. Sometimes I feel that I am not passionate about anything in life, which depresses me even more... I wonder if it is true or not. I hope its not. I don't want to say I am passionate about my studies, because I am not. Had I been even 10 % passionate I would not have abandoned the plan for PhD just like the others...
Coming back to John Lennon, I wish he was alive, I wish
there was no Chapman, I would have loved to see/meet him.... I believe the world is divided into two groups of people, people who love Beatles and people who have not heard any song of theirs so far... I just cannot believe there exists a sect of people who do not like Beatles. I personally think its not possible. Listen to 'Imagine' if you haven't yet. Its the simplicity of the song that you get addicted to. Its like the more you hear, the more you don't it to stop, just go on forever. Music truly has the power to inspire, motivate, make you happy, make you forget.. It is being lost in a world you would wish to have.. From the millions fan of his from around the world I am sure I am not the only person who thinks that.

His music was mind-blowing and I am sure the person was too.

Happy Birthday Mr. John Lennon....

I end with a famous saying by Lennon,
A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

No comments: