Monday, December 27, 2010

Goa...........

Hmm... Goa, when I first got an admission from BITS-Goa, I was needless to say relaxed, for the alternative would have been a ridiculously expensive, highly overrated, definitely not worth it university. And boy, was I glad I made that decision. Looking back at the times I think that was the best decision I made ever in my life till now. I had the most amazing times of my life there. If given a chance I would always want to go to Goa, once every year. It was here where I realized my love for beaches. Not the crowded ones, but the quiet ones.... The beaches of Majorda, Wagator... so quiet , so peaceful... Ah Majorda, the white sand, the tables on beach with candles all set for romantic dinners, and the patch of the beach where there were riptides, so that noone went to the water there and the beach being completely empty. It felt like a private beach and I just remembered all the countless sunsets I have seen there. Oh, the bike rides to all the places... The cute li'l colonial houses all along the 'perfect for riding' roads, the shopping places alongside the beaches...
I have always been afraid of water, but when you stand on the sand, with the sun sinking into the horizon, and the water is all of shades colour you can imagine, the clouds giving your imagination a shape and the waves just kissing your feet, I don't think anyone can resist that. Well, atleast I couldn't... I enjoyed watching the most scenic sunsets everyday for 4 years, I enjoyed the rains and rainbows and wonderful winds every evening... I couldn't have asked for a better place to live... Everyone tells me its the people and not the place, well I agree having found so many amazing friends did made a difference, but there was some undeniable charm in the place too. First, our campus was just brilliant. The place was just way too scenic, atop a hillock, looking over the Zuari river. My parents always told me everyone should have the hostel experience in their live. It helps you grow up, makes you realize what you are capable off and more importantly, you make friends who stay with you for life. I know school life was great, but it was very rare to share every single moment with your friends when back in school. You had to go home at some point. In BITS, your hostel was your home. I cannot even explain how fun it was to celebrate birthdays at the midnight, or sitting and chatting, watching FRIENDS, sipping hot mugs of tea, making maggi, taking care of each other in case someone fell sick, or had some crisis.. I remember studying together the first semester for weekly quizzes...celebrating holi together, watching ridiculous movies and talking... Oh the talking, I miss the most, talking about anything and everything under the sun, just blabbering and laughing and the walks after dinner, and hanging out at nescafe, or monginis, or juice center. It was just amazing. May not be sophisticated or glamorous, but it was in these small things where lied so much happiness.
College is over and we should realize it. It was fun 4 years. That's why everyone used to say, enjoy as much while you can, not because you can't when you go out, but then the things which spelled happiness for you will change and in most cases not for good. I am not clinging on to the past wishing that I could go back always but sometimes nostalgia just overpowers you and you close your eyes and picture the day when 11 people packed into a Tata Sumo talking all kinds of crap, singing all kinds of songs just driving down the road in the most beautiful place I have ever been..

2 comments:

Quant Lover said...

Just to add..the evenings-the evenings in zuari..when you walked on the road to the gate,maybe towards the dam or maybe towards the bus-stop...the cramped up mini-buses and in sharp contrast the forlorn streets of vasco market...There was some inexplicable magic in the evening air...Evening as they say is a time for loners-to explore the depths of your soul-the only time you actually give to urself...The evenings in zuari were something ur soul could feed on

Prachi said...

i agree Ved...u cant help when old memories overpower u...its just impossible to have a time similar to the 4 years spent... :*